Hi. I’m Nathalie.
I’m an experienced and passionate designer who can code, excited to be advancing my professional career as a Full Stack Developer after dedicating the last 10 years to raising a family.
With a strong background in graphics and corporate identity I started my tech journey working as a freelance web designer from home –
- Initially mastering HTML, CSS and responsive design to build websites for individuals and small businesses.
- Added knowledge of php to build bespoke WordPress themes.
- Helped non-tech individuals take ownership of their digital presence with confidence, teaching clients how to manage their websites and social media profiles on a day to day basis.
- Collaborated to bring in additional skills as part of the project management process as and when needed.
Inspired by the BBC Girls Can Code I formed food tech startup TreatOut in 2015, which is still very much an active greenfield side project. I completed a full stack bootcamp with Le Wagon London in summer 2016 to become the technical co-founder on the team.
- I’ve built a functioning mvp in Rails.
- I’m happy working in the terminal with Git and version control.
- I use the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch to wireframe.
- I’ve added SASS to my css toolbag.
- I’m now in the process of writing the brand guidelines and documenting a pattern library following the principles of Atomic Design & BEM methodology.
- I’m learning ES6 & React.
Working on the startup and being immersed in code full time at bootcamp highlighted that this is where my passion and enthusiasm lies. My children are teenagers and it’s time for me to get back into the workplace.
I’m now a Full Stack Rails developer working full time at Skills Matter, London.
I’ll be blogging about making the transition from a solo, self-taught coder to becoming an agile software engineer.