- Front-end development
- Responsive design
- Design systems
- HTML, Erb, Haml, Nunjucks
- CSS, Sass, Emotion
- React, Svelte, Eleventy
- Jest, testing library
- Rails, RSpec
- Webpack, Rollup, Grunt
- Github, Gitlab
- Building React/Typescript components as part of Storybook managed component libraries
- Contributor to engineering standards
- Active participant in accessibility, web performance, and diversity and inclusion working groups
- Led cross-functional initiative between Design, Content and Engineering to create accessibility checklists
- Used Design background to help improve communication and collaboration between disciplines of Design and Engineering
- Building React internal CRM product
- Building React components from Zeplin design templates based on atomic design principles
- Implementing accessibility improvements to Rails core product
- Skills Matter
- Maintenance of large Rails codebase
- Introduced small, iterative UX/UI improvements
- UI - raspberry pi check-in kiosk
- UI - React greenfield internal diary planner
- Digital and print graphics
- Brand guidelines
- Cross-team collaboration
- Public speaking on diversity & inclusion in tech
- Networking within the software development community at CodeNode
- Created the TreatOut brand & concept
- Built MVP in Ruby on Rails
- Responsible for PR social outreach
- Public speaking within tech and academic community
- Grew network of key partnerships
- SheCodes Web Design
- Worked with individuals, startups & SMEs
- Web Development
- Digital Marketing
- Graphics (digital & print)
- Web Performance Masterclass
10 hour workshop that journies from the back-end to the front, auditing the performance of real websites.
- Front-end Accessibility Masterclass
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
Online course covering the broad scope of web accessibility, how people with disabilities use different assistive technologies and adaptive strategies, the business benefits and W3C resources on implementing accessibility.
- Reactive Programming Workshop
Training course - React and Redux and the skills needed to be productive and write elegant, maintainable code.
Training course - how to write good code by employing Javacsript's good features and avoiding its quirks and common pitfalls.
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks
2 day practical workshop on public speaking covering the planning, the preparation and the delivery of a technical talk.
- Fullstack Coding Bootcamp
- Soulful PR
12 week coaching course on marketing and PR strategies for entrpreneurs. Delivered online.
- Startup Campus For Mums
9 week baby friendly startup school for founders at the start of their entrepreneurial journey. Covering ideation, product development, business planning, working with developers, marketing, branding, social, funding and pitching.
- HND Graphic Design
2 year print graphics - publishing, advertising, package design and corporate branding.
- A Shared Language Through Design Systems
I am no expert on the subject of Design Systems but what I am, is bilingual. I grew up in graphics and design was my first language. I moved to development and lived here long enough to start dreaming in code. What I am is an interpreter fast becoming adept at catching the subtle nuances easily lost in translation, acting as a go-between when designs are switched to code.
- Careering Down a Different Path
How previous experience has helped me progress at speed after making a career switch from Designer to Developer.
- It's Just Data
Nathalie has spent the past three years working on an ambitious tech project and she's been told she’ll fail. Why? "Because it’s too hard. Because it’s too big a problem to solve." She has been told to simplify, to get data on board quickly, to create the illusion of success to gain market traction. You're all busy in the tech industry building products that pull data in and spit data out that people, your customers, use to make informed choices on a daily basis.
But do you ever stop and think about the ramifications of simplifying and brokering data without responsibility?
Because this is just data, right?
- It's Just Data
Some say it's too big and too complex to execute. But Nathalie Christmann-Cooper is already radically changing how people eat and take control of our health through ingredient and menu transparency - it's only data after all.
- Panel Speaker - Unconventional Paths
An HSBC event highlighting the many ways to get into tech.
- Panel Speaker - Making Your Own Path
Signify's first Women in Tech event in partnership with Brighttalk on London Women In Tech Sharing Their Journey.
- From Pantomime Donkey to Unicorn Designer
A designer who can code is considered a unicorn. As someone making that transition Nathalie is often quizzed - “Just how tricky is it to switch from designer to developer?” Admittedly, Nathalie sometimes feels more pantomime donkey (with very wobbly back end legs).
With that in mind, this talk is an introduction into how developers can firm up their front legs and discover a love for design. Forget the fluff and abstract theories, this gets straight to the heart of how to take the structured principles of design and translate them into logical processes.
Come away with ideas on how to keep frontend frameworks in their place, breathe personality into a project, and think like a designer. Get ready to toss away that pantomime donkey and rock the unicorn look.
Honours and Awards
- Most Influential Women in UK Tech 2019 Longlist
- Complied by Computer Weekly
- Women In Software Powerlist 2019
- Named amongst 30 winners, by Makers and Level39
- Appster Awards 2016
- Finalist - Most Innovative App
- Finalist - Most Influential Startup
- Startup - TreatOut
- WeAreTheCity Rising Stars 2016
- Entrepreneur category - Shortlisted
- Startup - TreatOut
- Kent Digital Awards 2015
- Gold - Sports & Ent. category
- Silver - Responsive Website
- Darenth Valley Golf Course Wordpress Site